4 posters

Pokemon: Simulation

Ray
    Ray

Pokemon: Simulation Empty Pokemon: Simulation

Post  Ray Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:56 pm

[Story]

Pokemon. A wildly popular franchise since 1996 when it was first created, it has spawned many fan-works, be they fanfiction, customized Pokemon, even fangames. Some diehards have even admitted they wished Pokemon were reality. Their wishes would later be granted in the year of 2022, when Nintendo came out with a revolutionary new gaming device.

Similar to the PET of Mega Man Battle Network, which Nintendo borrowed the rights to from Capcom, the PokeTerminal was a smash hit. It was a small device that could be attached to almost any part of the body, and contained a revolutionary AI program. An AI simulation of a Pokemon. This was not just any ordinary PKM file present in the games, no. They were capable of sentient thought, and were capable of more than just battling or dancing. No, with the right patch they could even talk and help you with your homework. It was also capable of connecting to the Internet, accessing the PokeWorld, where Pokemon could roam freely. Trainers could even form parties after capturing wild, or unregistered, Pokemon. The PokeTerminal was such a great success that the PokeWorld began to be integrated into various other devices, accessible from even computers. Pokemon began to form maintenance crews, taking the place of traditional troubleshooters and even administrators. Said devices began to work with even greater power and efficiency, and even the military took an interest.

This fun was not to last, however. Malicious hackers soon learned how to access the PokeWorld and corrupt wild Pokemon into doing their bidding, robbing them of their sentinence and using them as tools of crime. Administrators, human or Pokemon, tried to fight back, but are losing the battle. Trainers have been called in to either battle the hackers or stay out of the PokeWorld to keep their PokeTerminals safe. Many chose the latter option, but there were a few brave souls that dared to face the hackers, knowing full well that the safety of their Pokemon, and potentially their world, was on the line.

Who will you be? Will you defend the PokeWorld, will you destroy it, or will you try to stay out of the battle? Eventually, it will not matter...

[Special Conditions]

This RP is set in the real world. You can use yourselves or an expy of yourselves or your trainers, but the most you'll see is someone impersonating Red. At first, you start with a single Pokemon, and are capable of accessing the PokeWorld to capture more for a total party of three instead of the standard six. With the appropriate patch, you can increase the size of your party to nine at maximum.

Which brings me to patches. Upon joining this RP, you can install one patch at the beginning of the roleplay, and install more as it progresses. For example, my character Rile "Vanitas" Shirogane has the Vocabulary patch installed, allowing all Pokemon in his party to speak in the human language. You can make up your own, but none of them should affect the strength of your Pokemon.

Also, you can only use a Starter Pokemon to begin with, but upon accessing the PokeWorld you can capture new Pokemon for your use. Post a profile of your Trainer to show you're joining. After three people join, we'll begin.

[Rules]

Basic roleplaying rules.
    Please respect the Special Conditions.

[Character Roster]
    (Name - Party (Nickname) - Patches)

Rile "Vanitas" Shirogane - Oshawott (Pelleas) - Vocabulary
    Robret "Nazo" Season - Chimchar (Blaze) - Berry
    Silvia Burnham - Bulbasaur - Location
    Retsuna Quantis - Piplup (Tsuba) - Critical Capturer

[My Profile]

Rile "Vanitas" Shirogane
    A teenager about to receive his first Pokemon, he already has decided on the design and patch for his PokeTerminal and his starter, an Oshawott who he desires to name Pelleas. Rile, or Vanitas as he prefers to be called online, is a very skilled hacker and has hacked the PokeWorld before, but not with malicious intent; he actually does it to repair various devices in his own home that have been hacked and damaged. Vanitas desires to teach the hackers a lesson, and do it painfully with Pelleas' help.

Last edited by Ray on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:40 am; edited 3 times in total
    Zigzagoole
    Zigzagoole

Pokemon: Simulation Empty Re: Pokemon: Simulation

Post  Zigzagoole Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:10 pm

Robret "Nazo" Season- Chimchar (Blaze)- berrypatch

Robret is a stubren, hardhead, mad guinus. He thinks outside of the box, and it often gets him in troble in the real world. With the help with chimchar, Blaze, he shows his artfull skills in battle, doing unpritable things. He a helpless romantice. He has a slight anger issuse, and is a sore losser at some points.

Last edited by The Zoroark Prince on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jet
    Jet
    Admin

Post  Jet Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:05 pm

Silvia Burnham - Bulbasaur - Location (acts like the area function of the Pokedex)
    The daughter of a business tycoon. She's agressive, arrogant and generally an untalkative to others person especially to her parents. However, she does have a gental side, and is quite curious. During her spare time, she's spent it looking around town and in general, knows alot about the area, but other than that, just as smart as the average teenager

Last edited by EXP on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ray
    Ray

Post  Ray Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:10 am

Adding both of you, but before we begin, Prince, what does the Nitro patch do?
    Zigzagoole
    Zigzagoole

Post  Zigzagoole Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:41 pm

It gives him a set of berrys ever now and then.
    WindMaster

Post  WindMaster Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:17 pm

Retsuna Quantis - Piplup (Tsuba) - Critical Capturer (Has high chance to get a critical capture)

He's gentle & often, open minded to everyone. However, sometimes, he shy. He's quite experienced in pokemon battle, since he has his first pokemon.
    Ray
    Ray

Post  Ray Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:53 pm

@The Zoroark Prince: Ah, I see.

@WindMaster: Adding.

We'll begin when I'm ready. Which will be soon, mind you.

EDIT: Right, let's begin.

-----

Outside the local Pokemon Center, where Pokemon merchandise, including PokeTerminals, were distributed, Vanitas stood. He was wearing his best clothes; after all, he had a long battle ahead of him. "Right... Let's go." Vanitas told himself, going through the automatic door.

Inside, various merchandise was on the walls of the store and in various buckets, but there was one wall in particular everyone was crowded around. The PokeTerminal wall. Nearly everyone in the store was picking out their starter, which ranged from Charmander to Oshawott. The latter of which Vanitas had every intention of picking. Slowly slipping through the almost violent crowd, he was quick to find an Oshawott that looked relatively ignored. It was on the far side, and thus was quietly sobbing to itself. "Hey." Vanitas softly said to it, making the little otter jump. "You seem down."

Oshawott moaned in reply, clearly saddened. "Why don't you come with me?" Vanitas offered, causing the Oshawott to jump in surprise. Everyone else had called it ugly.

Oshawott quickly jumped for joy. "I'll take that as a yes." Vanitas replied, picking up his PokeTerminal. "I've already got a nickname for you. Does Pelleas sound good?"

Oshawott, or Pelleas now, quickly agreed with a nod. "I took the liberty of getting my hands on a Vocabulary patch chip earlier." Vanitas said, slotting it in in the respective slot.

"Thank you so much!" Pelleas quickly said, using his new voice.

"Come on, let's get you paid for. Don't say a word; I don't wanna be caught installing this before purchase." Vanitas added, going for the counter.

A few minutes later, Vanitas came out, Pelleas forming a hologram on his shoulder. All PokeTerminals had this ability, although it could be disabled. Pelleas was so excited, he had worn himself out already and was sleeping with a smile on his face.
    WindMaster

Post  WindMaster Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:44 am

Retsuna was sitting on a chair in a Poke Center. Wore blue shirt, blue jeans and blue sneakers. He then went to Poke Terminal wall and saw Piplup. He began interested by him and tried to took him. But an arrogant boy came and got in front of him.

Retsuna became annoyed and said to the boy "Hey, why are you doing that?". The boy said "Hmph, you're unlucky, maybe you need to take other pokemon". Saddened, Retsuna began sat down on a chair and rethink what pokemon he should pick and he has a hard time thinking it, since Piplup was his favorite pokemon.

As the boy took the Piplup, he dislike the boy personality and he pecked the boy's hand and he began ran to find suitable trainer for him, undetected by other people. He than noticed saddened Retsuna and stare at him for awhile. Retsuna noticed Piplup that starring him and said to him "Hey bud, why you here and not with the boy that picked you up earlier?". Piplup start using sign language that he dislike the boy and ran away from him. Piplup also admitted that Retsuna is good enough to be his partner.

"You.... want to be with me?" asked Retsuna. Piplup nodded and jumped to Retsuna, hugging him. He then sat on Retsuna shoulder and Retsuna asked "But, what about the boy that picked you up?". Piplup said that he doesn't care about him.

He produced his Critical Capturer and thought "With this, I can easily get more friend later". He put the chip in a suitable slot. "Now Piplup, I name you Tsuba, sounds good?" Asked Retsuna. Piplup/Tsuba smiled. They went to the counter to paid Retsuna pokemon.

Retsuna got out with Tsuba as hologram on his shoulder. He said "Finally, my new destiny...". They both excited and smiled.
    Zigzagoole
    Zigzagoole

Post  Zigzagoole Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:58 pm

Robert steped out of a temanle, werring the berrypach, and getting out with Blaze. a couple of people laughed at his patch.
    "What does that do?" A bigger guy smiles.
    "Only this." robert smiles, and press the butten, and it shots a peachaberry and it hits him in the forehead. "Now I'm going to run." Robet tips his cowboy hat, and runs away.

At his home, and sets up a pizza. "Hay Blaze, think you can heat this up."
    She lowers her tail on it, but nothing happens being only a hologram.
    "I know!" Robot gets a arosalcan, and a ighter. "I SHALE IVENT FIRE!"
    Blaze grabs him, and points to the oven.
    "Aww, but the the unfun way."
    Jet
    Jet
    Admin

Post  Jet Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:08 pm

Silvia was wondering the streets
    "Bulba...."
    "COme on already, why would I want to just sit in my house all day? Besides, there is so much out here you can link up with" Silvia explain
    "Saur saur"
    "Besides, you already know your world, I thought I would show you mine"
    Ray
    Ray

Post  Ray Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:09 am

OOC @ Zoroark: I may want to point out I'm referring to computer patches instead of cloth patches. Basically additional data.

On the way home, a whole store was sparking, lights flickering and TVs displaying mad static. "Small-time hacker." Vanitas reasoned, waking up Pelleas with a tap on the head.

"Euh... did you say hacker?" Pelleas wondered, lifting his round head up.

Vanitas nodded, causing Pelleas' eyes to widen. "Wanna take them on?"

"But-... I haven't been in a fight before!" Pelleas panicked, hiding back in his Terminal.

"Hehehe..." Vanitas chuckled. "I'll provide backup."

"Err... okay..." Pelleas agreed, before transmitting himself into the store's network.

The PokeTerminal displayed a widescreen hologram displaying Pelleas' surroundings. The network was rather bland, only being a bunch of bookshelves. Around him was various Rattata chewing away at the data shelves. Turning towards the camera, Pelleas asked, "Do I really have to do this?"

Vanitas grinned, sitting down. "Relax."

A keyboard appeared under the hologram, also holographic, and Vanitas began to type some complex code into it. Lightning bolts began to fall around Pelleas, making him freak out, but they hit the Rattata instead, knocking them out. "If you get swarmed, I'll drop a few thunderbolts." Vanitas supported. "Go ahead, cause some damage."

To the right of the main hologram, another window appeared, displaying Pelleas' statistics. He knew Tackle and Tail Whip. "Open up with Tackle, get their attention or Tail Whip is useless." Vanitas strategized.

"Right!" Pelleas shouted, rushing at some of the standing Rattata, albeit clumsily.
    WindMaster

Post  WindMaster Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:40 am

While Retsuna walking towards his home, he & Tsuba saw Vantias was using PokeTerminal with Pellas. Tsuba said that he want to join Pellas trashing the Rattata.

Retsuna said "I don't know if that is the good idea, besides maybe the Oshawott was training and it don't want to be disturbed". They decided to watch them from distance, instead.
    Zigzagoole
    Zigzagoole

Post  Zigzagoole Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:46 pm

Robert eats his pizza. "This is good." He smiles at Blaze, who was eatting hologram pokemon food. "So, after we eat, want to go train?"
    "CHIM!" She smiles and nods.
    Jet
    Jet
    Admin

Post  Jet Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:53 pm

Silvia continued down the street, looking on the screen, noticing something was up, went to check out the battle occuring
    Ray
    Ray

Post  Ray Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:54 pm

The Rattata noticed Pelleas running at them, and returned with their own, non-clumsy Tackle. And a lot of it. Pelleas was flung at the camera, smashing right through the fourth wall and into Vanitas' face. "Ow..." Pelleas moaned, falling to the floor.

Vanitas checked Pelleas' stats. He had taken major damage from a single Tackle. "... Time to cheat." he admitted, typing in a recovery command. Banned during combat, but Vanitas was a hacker himself, despite being on the admins' side. What did he care?

Small sparkles surrounded Pelleas, and before Vanitas knew it, Pelleas shot upwards with a "Yahoo!". "Glad you're back on your feet, Pelleas." Vanitas commented as he caught the little Oshawott. "Wanna try again?"

Pelleas blushed a little. "Won't I get taken out again?"

"Nope, not this time." Vanitas replied, sending Pelleas back into the store.

This time Vanitas began to type more commands. The hacked Rattata were emanating a soft red aura. One of them got a silver aura instead; it was under Vanitas' control now. "Get 'em." he commanded.

The Rattata, hissing, attacked one of its former accomplices, while Pelleas took on another one-on-one.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:57 am