4 posters

Gym Leader Academy: Ride of the Valkaryies

Jet
    Jet
    Admin

Gym Leader Academy: Ride of the Valkaryies Empty Gym Leader Academy: Ride of the Valkaryies

Post  Jet Wed May 09, 2012 5:38 pm

“Students of Gym Leader academy, we are on our final approach to Orchid Island, please be ready to leave the boat once we dock and head for the clearly, the teachers will be waiting for you to help you get accustom to your dorms” the captain said as the island came into view. The small beach, open field, the small shopping center, the deep woods, the dormitories and the towering school all came into view, all the building seemed fairly close together
    The students were reminded of the note they received before their journey in land:
    Welcome, to Orchid Island of the Orange Island. This island isn't famous for it's towns, not famous for it's beaches, Pokemon or fruit. But this island is famous for producing one thing, some of the worlds best and brightest gym leaders. GLA has had a long history of producing these top of the line students, each learning about the usual schooling, but on top of that a top-grade training program in the ways of Pokemon, from Breeding, to training, to catching and so on, you are invite to join us for this years program, (Insert name here) you will be brought by boat to the island, where you will be shown around campus and put in your dorm, the (Blue, Green, Red or Yellow) Dorm, welcome first year student, to the Gym Leader Academy, your school for the next 5 years

“Again…. Another year another batch of students, hopefully they perform better than last year” Ms. O’Brain, the head instructer said out loud to the faculty of the school, she was wearing a light blue blouse and a long, blue skirt, with long Blond hair tied up in a ponytail, and blue eyes, being covered by glasses
    “I do not know what you are talking about, last year’s graduates have actually been doing really well in their respected regions as gym leaders, and some are moving into other fields too” Mr. Hewitt retorted, wearing his white suit, and light blue tie, having short, white organized hair despite his age of mid 20s
    “Rozen, you haven’t ever taught a day in…” Mr. Wright started, this year changing his suit in for a flame designed shirt with dress pants, him having short, brown hair and brown eyes.
    “Sh, don’t make him angry Bjorn” Mr. Patel silenced, still having his blue sports jacket, green undershirt and short blond hair “His company is the school’s biggest financial contributor, plus he is a teacher too you know, you saw his credentials too, besides, he’s only going to be teaching for one year”
    “Ya, a year too long” Bjorn retorted
    “Come on, he is a head gym leader himself, he is still a practicing gym leader, and you do know that provides with that” Mr. Patel explained
    “Hey I was a practicing gym leader!” Mr. Wright argued
    “Ya… for two years, you are a great teacher Bjorn, but you have to realize that like it or not, he does have a level of real world experience in the field more than all of us” he reasoned
    “Ya…. But why did he decide this year to take part huh? Why not last, why not next?” Wright asked
    Patel just gave an unsure shrug as the students boat ported “Come on, relax for now Bjorn”

To join this RP, which will be the year of the students at the academy while they deal with a rising threat in the school grounds, you will need the following in your Application:
    Name of Character:
    Type: (one of the 17 elemental types)
    Pokemon: (does't have to be 6, but does have to all belong to the type)
    Dorm: (red, blue, green, or yellow)
    Short Description of Character: 1-3 lines will suffice, personality, visual appearance, doesn’t matter, just to prove you have put some thought in

My Characters:
    Name of Character: Cole
    Type: Fire
    Pokemon: Numel, Torkoal
    Dorm: Red
    Description: A second year student who is the son of the vendor of Pummelo Island’s vendor, having met Drake on a few occasions. He is generally willing to help others, though at times is a little impulsive

Name of Character: Cid Maxwell
    Type: Poison
    Pokemon: Muk, Nidorino
    Dorm: Yellow
    Description: A third year student hailing from a wealthy Sinnoh family who are ashamed of him. Generally, not as gifted physically as the rest of his family, he is gifted mentally, spending his spare time working on his research with his partner Basillie

Name of Character: Basillie Mercer
    Type: Normal
    Pokemon: Porygon2, Kecleon
    Description: A book smart third year girl who constantly talks using overly complicated phrases, she and her partner Cid spend their spare time outside of their research usually watching sci-fi, she has brown hair, twin She has long brown hair in two seperate Ponytails, had green eyes, with big round glasses around them, along with her white braces

Name of Character: Sunny York
    Pokemon: Vulpix, Flareon
    Dorm: Red
    Description: A new first year student, she is a gaming queen, placing in the top 10 in multiple gaming events spreading multiple genres, also being a computer whiz, this blond is often seen scanning databases, sometimes even taking them as a challenge

Name of Character: Terra Grover
    Type: Ground
    Pokemon: Donphan, Dugtrio
    Dorm: Blue
    Description: The bad girl of the school, this second year student has become famous from her class skipping to prank pulling, she has made her mark, and is still held in high regards

Name of Character: Flora Maple
    Type: Grass
    Pokemon: Bellosom, Vileplume, Tangela
    Dorm: Green
    Description: Student council president, this fifth year student has always been radical and extreme, taking part of school politics since she was a first year, she has risen, and while a good student at the status quo, she intends to make her year a year that will be remembered for generations

Name of Character: Dustin Green
    Type: Ground
    Pokemon: Hippowdon
    Description: A student council president candidate from last year, lost when he couldn’t participate in the debate because of a kidnapping. Overall considered the top trainer in the school and is quite popular, even without being president

Name of Character: Alice Frost
    Type: Ice
    Pokemon: Froslass, Smoochum
    Description: The third year student is a worker at the local Pokemart, taking to be a social butterfly, if anything is going down at school, she’ll know, and she loves using her known information to her advantage

Name of Character: Bolton Lancaster
    Type: Electric
    Pokemon: Jolteon, Pachirisu
    Description: Born into the life of luxury, he is an arrogant first year who thinks the school belongs to him, as his family has a long line of world leaders

These are my student Characters, note, some of them are minor, but they are all there for reference. Types can be repeats, as can Pokemon, as long as they have different main Pokemon

If you wish to have a teacher join as well, they can, if you wish them to be for a specific class or a dorm head, please put that, as well though, note most dorm heads are taken, as only the red female head and the blue male head remain

Name of Character: Bjorn Wright
    Pokemon: Arcanine, Darmanitan
    Dorm: Red (male head of red dorm)
    Description: A graduate of the Gym Leader Academy, and during his studies he met Aerial O'Brain. After graduating, he headed off to Unova. In Unova, he met 2 other gym leaders, and together they founded the Striaton City gym. The gym was widely known as one of the toughest in the region. But, the life of a gym leader seemed to wear him down, so in his spare time he studied teaching, and after graduating that program, he joined the GLA as a teacher. He is viewed by other teachers as too laid back, and he often accepts that there are some flaws with how the system is run, but will grudgingly follows them.Teaches: History and Training

Name of Character: Ariel O`Brain
    Type: Flying
    Pokemon: Togekiss, Chatot
    Dorm: Blue (female head of blue dorm, and head teacher)
    Description: She was once a student at the GLA and was a straight A student. She always had a fascination with teaching, that in her last year, she helped out her math teacher. She decided after graduating not to pursue a career in being a gym leader and quickly entered the teaching field. She never explains why she is such a stickler for detail, but it seems to be a very touchy subject for her. After she left GLA, she married, had a child, and a divorce. She seems slightly depressed, (according to her students).
    Teaches: Mathamatics and Pokemon Nutrition

Name of Character: Roman Patel
    Type: Water
    Pokemon: Seaking, Golduck, Kingler
    Dorm: Green (male head of green dorm)
    Description: A teacher who was at once a top researcher, being one of the top researchers of Water Pokemon Migration, but an acciedent made him fearful of the dangerous expeditions, and instead, took a nice comfy teaching job, eventually rising up the ranks to the second head teacher and the head male of the green dorm, and eventually marrying the other green dorm head
    Teaches: Geography and Advance Pokemon Research

Name of Character: Rozen Hewitt
    Type: Ice
    Pokemon: Weavile, Beartic, Cloyster
    Dorm: Yellow (male head of yellow dorm)
    Description: A wealthy contributor to the school, he is currently a practicing gym leader in the region of Tunik. One of the few students to graduate, have job offers and turn them down, he instead took his time to make a business for the financially troubled region, which has since become one of the wealthiest regions around
    Teaches: Business and Gym Ethics

Name of Character: Lily Patel
    Type: Grass
    Pokemon: Lilligant, Jumpluff, Leafeon
    Dorm: Green (female head of green dorm)
    Description: The daughter of a flourist, she grew up in the country side, she dreamed of going to the city, and went to school for 4 years, yet still wanting to be away longer, she also went on to teaching, and, eventually wound up heading to GLA, and after a few years, became a house head and married her house head partner
    Teaches: English and Basic Pokemon Research

Zigzagoole
    Zigzagoole

Gym Leader Academy: Ride of the Valkaryies Empty Re: Gym Leader Academy: Ride of the Valkaryies

Post  Zigzagoole Fri May 11, 2012 7:43 pm

Name: Austen Hive
    Type: Bug
    Pokemon: Wurmple, Bedrill, Ninjask, Surskit
    Dorm: green
    info: a short, dark skin, first year student, and once an aspiring coordinator, He gave up that dream to be come a gym leader. He is kind, and outgoing. He loves making friends, and rivals. He often time plaies the level headed one of his group.
    DustyPumpkin
    DustyPumpkin

Gym Leader Academy: Ride of the Valkaryies Empty Re: Gym Leader Academy: Ride of the Valkaryies

Post  DustyPumpkin Wed May 16, 2012 3:47 pm

WIllma
    Type: Ghost
    Pokemon: Banette, Haunter, Yamask
    Decription: A Creepy girl with interesting tastes, Willma wears mostly black and white but mixes in some purple.

Duela Grainger
    Type: Fighting
    Pokemon: Scraggy, Makuhita, Poliwhirl
    Descrpition: Ever The Active Girl, Duela wears a simple short yellow attire to get the most out of exploring, for some strange reason, she wears a set of animal ears.

Eve Grainger
    Type: Dark
    Pokemon: Scraggy, Zorua, Carvanha
    Description: Eve is a focused Girl and her words mezmerize people, She wears an arguably fashionable purple attire and while she's not as good at exploring as her sister, they get along well together.

Last edited by Cookiethebonsly on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jet
    Jet
    Admin

Post  Jet Wed May 16, 2012 4:08 pm

"Welcome students" Ms. O'Brain said as the students started to get off
    "Alright students" Mr. Wright said "2nd to 5th years, you will be in the same dorm and rooms you were in last year..... fifth years, up front there are 4 coloured lists, whatever coloured list your name is written on, is where you belong, if you are a red student, you will be joining me" he said
    "Blues with me" Ms. O'Brain said
    "Green's are with us" the Patels said
    Zigzagoole
    Zigzagoole

Post  Zigzagoole Wed May 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Austin looks on the list, and sees he one green, and walks up to Patels.
    DustyPumpkin
    DustyPumpkin

Post  DustyPumpkin Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Duela: Aw nuts, Looks like we're not in the same dorm sis.
    Eve: Yeah, a real shame.

Willma: Looks like I'm in blue again.
    Judgement
    Judgement

Post  Judgement Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:32 am

Name of Character: Xavier Armos
    Type: Steel
    Pokemon: Lucario, Aaron
    Short
    Description of Character:Quiet kid, usually keeps to himself but if
    someone talks to him, he'll happily have a conversation with them.Wears a black shirt with a green jacket and a green hat, also he has a grey bookbag. Prefers to attack first and can sometimes get
    infuriated during battle, which causes him to lose focus.
    Jet
    Jet
    Admin

Post  Jet Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:41 am

The students were taken to their dorms and were all unpacked
    "Students...." the teachers said to each dorm "Please report to the stadium for the opening assembly, it starts in twenty minutes" they said

In the blue dorm
    "Geez..... such a drag..... hey.... Wilma, say hi to your boyfriend will ya, I am heading out... I saw this last year, it was busy, crowded..... and sweaty.... besides, I told some of my friends I'm meeting them out behind the dorm"

Zigzagoole
    Zigzagoole

Post  Zigzagoole Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:43 am

Austin was getting unpacked in his dorm.
    Judgement
    Judgement

Post  Judgement Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:51 am

Xavier opened the door to his dorm, seeing someone already unpacking in there. "Hey, I guess we're roommates?" He said extending his hand for a handshake. "I'm Xavier, whats your name?"
    Zigzagoole
    Zigzagoole

Post  Zigzagoole Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:53 am

"names Austin." Austin shook his hand.
    Judgement
    Judgement

Post  Judgement Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:58 am

"So what kind of pokemon do you use?" asked Xavier, unpacking his things, on top of his bed. "I prefer the steel type."
    Zigzagoole
    Zigzagoole

Post  Zigzagoole Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:00 pm

"Bugs for me. I use to do Contest with them In Shinno, but I always wanted to be a gym leader." he told him.
    Judgement
    Judgement

Post  Judgement Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:04 pm

Xavier gave a little shiver. "Bug types always weirded me out as a child. As for me, I used to help my dad in his factory with my team, but like you I always wanted to be a gym leader with my partners, Lucario and Aaron."
    Zigzagoole
    Zigzagoole

Post  Zigzagoole Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:06 pm

"That cool." Austin said. "Well, we better head to that assembly."
    Judgement
    Judgement

Post  Judgement Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:08 pm

"yeah, you're right." Xavier grabbed his hat, and headed out the door with Austin.
    DustyPumpkin
    DustyPumpkin

Post  DustyPumpkin Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:14 pm

*Unpacking her room,WIllma was flashing back to the previous year*
    Willma: Will something like that happen this year...?
    I hope so.
    Jet
    Jet
    Admin

Post  Jet Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:30 pm

At the opening ceremony, the students gathered, most of them at least, Sunny, Xavier, Austen, Wilma and Cole

Cole looked around the crowd before seeing Wilma heading to join her

“Another year another Opening assembly….” Cole said “kind of thought one of these things was enough didn’t you?” Cole said asking Wilma

Sunny was in the crowd, quiet and quite fidgety, moving around a lot being surrounded by so many people left her uncomfortable

On the stage stood a fifth year with long flowing dark red hair and a green jacket, along with a light green shirt, a little bit baggy for her, and a pink miniskirt “Hello students” she said looking out into the crowd and in the microphone “Welcome to another year at the Gym Leader Academy, to most of you, to those of you who are new here, welcome to our fine institute. I am Flora Maple student council president” she explained “And believe me, I know what most of you are going through, from the first years and your getting to know the school and trying to fit in, to the second years and your overconfidence, the third and fourth years and your balancing of your school life and personal lives balanced and having a hard time doing it, and fifth years, the long process of applying and waiting for reactions to joining many leagues, the rejections, the acceptances, and the waits, we all have a long road ahead of us, and it isn’t going to be easy, but, as a wise man once said, nothing worth doing is ever easy” She started “But, as student council president, I will make sure, and I promise, to all of you, I will do everything in my power to make sure for all of you, this is a year you will not forget” Flora promised “As that is the position on Student Council this year, next the faculty will each introduce themselves and tell you a bit about themselves." she said
    Zigzagoole
    Zigzagoole

Post  Zigzagoole Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:35 pm

Austen was trying not to fall asleep.
    DustyPumpkin
    DustyPumpkin

Post  DustyPumpkin Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:41 pm

*Willma had completely zoned out while looking in Cole's direction*
    Jet
    Jet
    Admin

Post  Jet Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:43 pm

"Um..... Wilma?" he asked, snapping his fingers
    DustyPumpkin
    DustyPumpkin

Post  DustyPumpkin Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Willma: O-oh Cole, Hello!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 pm