5 posters

Gym Leader Academy: Ride of the Valkyries (Open)

Jet
    Jet
    Admin

Gym Leader Academy: Ride of the Valkyries (Open) Empty Gym Leader Academy: Ride of the Valkyries (Open)

Post  Jet Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:35 pm

“Students of Gym Leader academy, we are on our final approach to Orchid Island, please be ready to leave the boat once we dock and head for the clearly, the teachers will be waiting for you to help you get accustom to your dorms” the captain said as the island came into view. The small beach, open field, the small shopping center, the deep woods, the dormitories and the towering school all came into view, all the building seemed fairly close together
    The students were reminded of the note they received before their journey in land:
    Welcome, to Orchid Island of the Orange Island. This island isn't famous for it's towns, not famous for it's beaches, Pokemon or fruit. But this island is famous for producing one thing, some of the worlds best and brightest gym leaders. GLA has had a long history of producing these top of the line students, each learning about the usual schooling, but on top of that a top-grade training program in the ways of Pokemon, from Breeding, to training, to catching and so on, you are invite to join us for this years program, (Insert name here) you will be brought by boat to the island, where you will be shown around campus and put in your dorm, the (Blue, Green, Red or Yellow) Dorm, welcome first year student, to the Gym Leader Academy, your school for the next 5 years

“Again…. Another year another batch of students, hopefully they perform better than last year” Ms. O’Brain, the head instructer said out loud to the faculty of the school, she was wearing a light blue blouse and a long, blue skirt, with long Blond hair tied up in a ponytail, and blue eyes, being covered by glasses
    “I do not know what you are talking about, last year’s graduates have actually been doing really well in their respected regions as gym leaders, and some are moving into other fields too” Mr. Hewitt retorted, wearing his white suit, and light blue tie, having short, white organized hair despite his age of mid 20s
    “Rozen, you haven’t ever taught a day in…” Mr. Wright started, this year changing his suit in for a flame designed shirt with dress pants, him having short, brown hair and brown eyes.
    “Sh, don’t make him angry Bjorn” Mr. Patel silenced, still having his blue sports jacket, green undershirt and short blond hair “His company is the school’s biggest financial contributor, plus he is a teacher too you know, you saw his credentials too, besides, he’s only going to be teaching for one year”
    “Ya, a year too long” Bjorn retorted
    “Come on, he is a head gym leader himself, he is still a practicing gym leader, and you do know that provides with that” Mr. Patel explained
    “Hey I was a practicing gym leader!” Mr. Wright argued
    “Ya… for two years, you are a great teacher Bjorn, but you have to realize that like it or not, he does have a level of real world experience in the field more than all of us” he reasoned
    “Ya…. But why did he decide this year to take part huh? Why not last, why not next?” Wright asked
    Patel just gave an unsure shrug as the students boat ported “Come on, relax for now Bjorn”

To join this RP, which will be the year of the students at the academy while they deal with a rising threat in the school grounds, you will need the following in your Application:
    Name of Character:
    Type: (one of the 17 elemental types)
    Pokemon: (does't have to be 6, but does have to all belong to the type)
    Dorm: (red, blue, green, or yellow)
    Short Description of Character: 1-3 lines will suffice, personality, visual appearance, doesn’t matter, just to prove you have put some thought in

My Characters:
    Name of Character: Cole
    Type: Fire
    Pokemon: Numel, Torkoal
    Dorm: Red
    Description: A second year student who is the son of the vendor of Pummelo Island’s vendor, having met Drake on a few occasions. He is generally willing to help others, though at times is a little impulsive

Name of Character: Cid Maxwell
    Type: Poison
    Pokemon: Muk, Nidorino
    Dorm: Yellow
    Description: A third year student hailing from a wealthy Sinnoh family who are ashamed of him. Generally, not as gifted physically as the rest of his family, he is gifted mentally, spending his spare time working on his research with his partner Basillie

Name of Character: Basillie Mercer
    Type: Normal
    Pokemon: Porygon2, Kecleon
    Description: A book smart third year girl who constantly talks using overly complicated phrases, she and her partner Cid spend their spare time outside of their research usually watching sci-fi, she has brown hair, twin She has long brown hair in two seperate Ponytails, had green eyes, with big round glasses around them, along with her white braces

Name of Character: Sunny York
    Pokemon: Vulpix, Flareon
    Description: A new first year student, she is a gaming queen, placing in the top 10 in multiple gaming events spreading multiple genres, also being a computer whiz, this blond is often seen scanning databases, sometimes even taking them as a challenge

Name of Character: Terra Grover
    Type: Ground
    Pokemon: Donphan, Dugtrio
    Dorm: Blue
    Description: The bad girl of the school, this second year student has become famous from her class skipping to prank pulling, she has made her mark, and is still held in high regards

Name of Character: Flora Maple
    Type: Grass
    Pokemon: Bellosom, Vileplume, Tangela
    Dorm: Green
    Description: Student council president, this fifth year student has always been radical and extreme, taking part of school politics since she was a first year, she has risen, and while a good student at the status quo, she intends to make her year a year that will be remembered for generations

Name of Character: Dustin Green
    Type: Ground
    Pokemon: Hippowdon
    Dorm: Green
    Description: A student council president candidate from last year, lost when he couldn’t participate in the debate because of a kidnapping. Overall considered the top trainer in the school and is quite popular, even without being president

Name of Character: Alice Frost
    Type: Ice
    Pokemon: Froslass, Smoochum
    Description: The third year student is a worker at the local Pokemart, taking to be a social butterfly, if anything is going down at school, she’ll know, and she loves using her known information to her advantage

Name of Character: Bolton Lancaster
    Type: Electric
    Pokemon: Jolteon, Pachirisu
    Description: Born into the life of luxury, he is an arrogant first year who thinks the school belongs to him, as his family has a long line of world leaders

These are my student Characters, note, some of them are minor, but they are all there for reference. Types can be repeats, as can Pokemon, as long as they have different main Pokemon

Last edited by Jet on Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:50 am; edited 9 times in total
    DustyPumpkin
    DustyPumpkin

Gym Leader Academy: Ride of the Valkyries (Open) Empty Re: Gym Leader Academy: Ride of the Valkyries (Open)

Post  DustyPumpkin Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:14 pm

Luna: It's certianly nice to meet you Mr Rozen!
    *THis Year Luna was going chinese style, ponytailing up her hair with chopstick and wearing a dark blue chinese dress littered with constelations*

WIllma: Well, here we are again.
    *This year Willma opted to go for a black dress with white accesorys*

Also NEW CHARACTERS!

Duela Grainger
    Type: Fighting
    Pokemon: Scraggy, Makuhita, Poliwhirl
    Descrpition: Ever The Active Girl, Duela wears a simple short yellow attire to get the most out of exploring, for some strange reason, she wears a set of animal ears.

Eve Grainger
    Type: Dark
    Pokemon: Scraggy, Zorua, Carvanha
    Description: Eve is a focused Girl and her words mezmerize people, She wears an arguably fashionable purple attire and while she's not as good at exploring as her sister, they get along well together.

Duela: Man, this place looks great to run explore!

Eve: True as that may be, Do Not Forget why we are here Due.

Last edited by Cookiethebonsly on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jet
    Jet
    Admin

Gym Leader Academy: Ride of the Valkyries (Open) Empty Re: Gym Leader Academy: Ride of the Valkyries (Open)

Post  Jet Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:36 pm

"Please.... don't be so formal Miss..... Luna?" Rozen asked her "I mean we are all colleges after all, it would be akward for a year to go by that for a year" Rozen said "Besides.... the pleasure is all mine, I have been meaning to get in contact with the school's science teacher" Rozen explained "After everyone is all settled down, me and you should have a bit of a talk"

"Hey, Wilma" Cole said making his way over to her "Have a good summer?" Cole asked her "Glad to see you came back

The boat docked, the ramp fell and the students headed off the boat

DustyPumpkin
    DustyPumpkin

Post  DustyPumpkin Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:32 pm

Luna: Oh yes, yes, You look OH SO Fun to talk with!
    *Her ears twitched*

Willa: *sigh*
    *Duela ran past Willma at breakneck speed, Eve was also running but stopped and began panting*
    Eve: Siiiiiiiis....*pant pant*

Willma: Your an odd pair.
    Eve: Hm...Oh Hello.
    *Willma began walking off*
    Eve: I see you have some repressed feelings.
    Willma: Hm?
    Eve: I am a Pychatrist in training, do tell me about you once you get a chance.
    Jet
    Jet
    Admin

Post  Jet Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:27 pm

Rozen quickly glanced at her twitching ears "alright.... after the dorm assignments and the teacher introductions...." he said as the students fell into the main area

"Students, you all received information of which dorm you'd be staying in with your acception package" Ms. O'Brain said to the first year students "As you can see, we have set up posts with colours matching your dorm, please meet your dorm heads at the base of the pillars. Second to Fifth years, your dorms are the same as last year, please go your pillar" Ms. O'Brain said, heading to the blue Pillar

"Well.... I guess I am off with the reds again Wilma.... see ya at the teacher intro thingy" Cole said waving to her as he headed to the red and joined Bjorn and the other reds

"Alright, all Green students, welcome to the Green dorm" Mr. Patel said "I am Roman Patel, and I am the male head instructor of the Green Dorm this year"
    "And I am Mrs. Lily Patel, I know last year you had Mrs. Hogan as your female head instructor.... but as you know she retired, so this year, I have volenteered to take her place"

"Blue students, I am your female head instructor for your dorm and head instructor of this school" Ms. O'Brain said "this is the blue dorm, follow the rules and you and me will be on good terms" she explained "Instructor Howard is your male head instructor" Ms. O'Brain continued "He is the schools guidance conciller"

"Hello red students...... I am your male head instructor, Bjorn, Bjorn Wright, and ya, I have gotten all the jokes before" Bjorn went on "But.... ya, welcome to the red dorm, I know this is school and all, but at the red dorm, we want you all to fell like during your off hours, this really is your home "As for your female head instructor.... well, Ms. Greyson is setting things up back at the dorm

"Man.... all these people around.... sure don't like the feel of that...." Sunny fearly spoke to herself
    "Hey.... are you alright there?" Cole asked her
    "Why do you care?" Sunny questioned
    "Don't worry, many students are afraid there first few days here.... it is a huge change if you aren't use to it, just find a small group of people and be friends with, you aren't responsible for being friends with everyone" Cole reasoned
    "...I guess..." Sunny replied
    "Good, just follow Bjorn for now and you should be fine" Cole said smiling and then turned to face his instructor
    DustyPumpkin
    DustyPumpkin

Post  DustyPumpkin Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:37 pm

*a big light show spontaneously appears Luna does a backward pirouette to her spot*

Luna: Hello all, despite the current colour I am speaking in, I am captain of the yellow dorm, I am also your science and astrology teacher, failing me Is punishable by being the next test subject, also you will have to buy me a sweet delicacy of sorts.
    Lillie~
    Lillie~

Post  Lillie~ Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:00 am

Name: Lavar

Pokemon: Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard

Description: a new 1st year student from Pallet town in the Kanto region and also is a DJ for parties and banquets that are held in Pallet Town's Banquet hall.
    Zigzagoole
    Zigzagoole

Post  Zigzagoole Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:58 pm

Name: Austen Hive
    Type: Bug
    Pokemon: Wurmple, Bedrill, Ninjask, Surskit
    Dorm: green
    info: a short first year student, and once an aspiring coordinator, He gave up that dream to be come a gym leader.

Last edited by Cute and Cuddly Victini on Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jet
    Jet
    Admin

Post  Jet Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:27 pm

"Well red students, welcome.... most of you remember your rooms, everyone else follow me" he said, leading everyone else around the building, leaving Lavar and Austen at their dorm, the one they shared, Bjorn taking the girls to their dormatories

Last edited by Jet on Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zigzagoole
    Zigzagoole

Post  Zigzagoole Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:39 am

Austen looks around, taking in all of the school.
    Jet
    Jet
    Admin

Post  Jet Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:28 am

In there room, there were two beds, each on the opposite side of each other, each side also had a desk, a dresser, and wooden floors and on each of their beds was a red jacket, matching their dorm's colour, with a note that reads "You may bring any articles to customize your rooms and rearrange them however you want, however, at year end, make sure you can put it back the way it is now, I don't want Ms. O'Brain on my case PS, keep this the red dorm secret, Red Dorm head, Mr. Wright"

Last edited by Jet on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lillie~
    Lillie~

Post  Lillie~ Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:30 am

"I guess it's time to set up my shop." Lavar said as he took out his records and started to play some hip hop music.
    Zigzagoole
    Zigzagoole

Post  Zigzagoole Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:08 pm

Austen walks into his room, and looks around. "Not bad." He flops down on one of the beds.
    Jet
    Jet
    Admin

Post  Jet Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:32 am

"Remember students" both Mr. Wright and Mr. Patel said to their respective dorms "The opening assembly is strating soon, please go to the stadium for the introduction of the staff" they both said
    Zigzagoole
    Zigzagoole

Post  Zigzagoole Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:42 am

Austen starts to head to the assembly, erring his green jacket insted of his truncheon coat. "But leave now so I don't get lost."
    Jet
    Jet
    Admin

Post  Jet Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:48 am

About twenty minutes later, the majority of the student body was gathered, including Austen, Cole, Sunny, Wilma, and Lavar. The stadium easily held over a thousand people, as the student sat around

“Another year another Opening assembly….” Cole said “kind of thought one of these things was enough didn’t you?” Cole said asking Wilma

Sunny was in the crowd, quiet and quite fidgety, moving around a lot being surrounded by so many people left her uncomfortable

On the stage stood a fifth year with long flowing dark red hair and a green jacket, along with a light green shirt, a little bit baggy for his, and a pink miniskirt “Hello students” she said looking out into the crowd and in the microphone “Welcome to another year at the Gym Leader Academy, to most of you, to those of you who are new here, welcome to our fine institute. I am Flora Maple student council president” she explained “And believe me, I know what most of you are going through, from the first years and your getting to know the school and trying to fit in, to the second years and your overconfidence, the third and fourth years and your balancing of your school life and personal lives balanced and having a hard time doing it, and fifth years, the long process of applying and waiting for reactions to joining many leagues, the rejections, the acceptances, and the waits, we all have a long road ahead of us, and it isn’t going to be easy, but, as a wise man once said, nothing worth doing is ever easy” She started “But, as student council president, I will make sure, and I promise, to all of you, I will do everything in my power to make sure for all of you, this is a year you will not forget” Flora promised “As that is the position on Student Council this year, next the faculty will each introduce themselves and tell you a bit about themselves.

Last edited by Jet on Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    DustyPumpkin
    DustyPumpkin

Post  DustyPumpkin Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:28 pm

Duela: She sure knows how to give a speech, My eyelids fell like their ready to go to work.

Eve: Durla, Shush.

Willma:..(Those two....are quite a pair..)
    Zigzagoole
    Zigzagoole

Post  Zigzagoole Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:30 pm

Austen had fallen asleep
    Lillie~
    Lillie~

Post  Lillie~ Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:56 am

Lavar takes out his phone and starts searching the internet for more records.
    Jet
    Jet
    Admin

Post  Jet Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:45 pm

"Listen up and listen good" Ms. O'Brain said grabbing the microphone, her stricked tone grabbing the attention of the student body "I am Ms. Aerial O'Brain, I am the head instructor here, female head instructor of the blue dorm, and your teacher of both Math and Pokemon Nutrition and Grooming" she said "We know it's the first day and you all want to get settled in, but, you will follow the rules here, and you will behave according to the rules, trouble makers will be dealt with accordingly, and currently, that means paying attention during this assembly" she said with a strict tone in her voice

The crowd fell silent over the words from Ms. O'Brain said

"....I.... I am Mrs. Lily Patel" another teacher said grabbing the microphone "I am the female head of the Green Dorm along with the teacher for English and the Basics of Pokemon Research, I am also a specialist in Grass Types if any of you would like a few pointers, and if you didn't guess, Ms. O'Brain there is the flying type specialist in our ranks"

"th.... that first one" Sunny mumbled "q...quite frightening
    Zigzagoole
    Zigzagoole

Post  Zigzagoole Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:53 pm

The sudden strictness and loud voice woke up Austin and he rube's his ear.
    DustyPumpkin
    DustyPumpkin

Post  DustyPumpkin Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:48 pm

*The sudden loudness cause Duela to stand up straight, like a soilder*

Eve: I'm going to like Mrs O'Brian.
    Lillie~
    Lillie~

Post  Lillie~ Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:39 am

*Lavar thinks to himself as he puts his phone away quickly* What's up her butt?
    Jet
    Jet
    Admin

Post  Jet Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:15 pm

“I am Bjorn Wright, head of the red dorm and the teacher of both History and type match ups, I am a fire specialist by the way, don’t worry, not too many years ago I was in the same seat as one of you…” Bjorn explained “I was a student here myself, so if anything is up, I know I may seem too old but I do have some idea what you are going through”

“Hello, I am Roman Patel, head of the Green dorm. I am also in charge of Pokemon Research for advance years, as 4th and 5th years know, your research period will be arriving soon, and I am also the teacher of Geography those who do not know” he explained

The white haired twenty something year old in his White Suit “Hello… I am Rozen Hewitt, for those of you who don’t know, I wasn’t a teacher here last year, and to be brutally honest, I will not be here this time next year, I am a practising gym leader from a region called Tunik, I am also the head of DICE enterprises and a financial contributor to this school. I will be working as both your Business teacher and battling instructor, as well as the head male instructor of the yellow dorm for this year”

“Odd…. What would he be doing here?” Cole thought out loud
    DustyPumpkin
    DustyPumpkin

Post  DustyPumpkin Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:32 pm

Eve: It's a dilagible move from a practicing Gym Leader to come to a gym leader academy. *Eve's voice rang in Cole's ears, in a nice way*

Luna: *Rapid Spining to and around Rozen*
    Helloooooooo~
    *Cue pose and Spotlight around the two of them*
    My Name is Luna Nonusagi, I'm not from any...nearby regions, but I've been teaching here for a long time, adn I'm not expected to leave soon, I use a vararity of types, but you'll notice a particular theme with them~ *Ear twitch*
    Failures to do homework and assisngments will be punished in the form of you having to buy me some foodstuff, I expect nothing cheep and make sure it's sweet!
    *Pause for a few seconds as she drools abit*...Oh, Yes, I'll be the Female instructor for the Yellow Dorm! *Hugs Rozen*

Duela: Now SHE seems fun~
    Willma: I have the "strangest" feeling your going get her food often...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:10 pm